Thursday, February 10, 2011

7. Memorize More Scripture


I do not memorize things well. Never have (always been a terrible test taker) and most likely never will. I've tried posting index cards around the house. Didn't work. I've tried memorizing with a friend. Didn't work. So, here's yet another attempt to memorize more of God's word.

I did a post on my other blog, Simplify Your Life, about my "daily docket" or my to dos for each day. It's the picture above. On the top right corner of the sheet, I have a Scripture Memory section. I write it out every day, which will help me memorize it. I'm on verse 1, but so far I am doing a better job of remembering the verse (well, at least the general idea of it) than I have in the past.

So, I'm checking this one off. Yes, I know it's probably a little premature. But, I haven't checked anything off in a while and I'll be honest. I need to check something off. So, off it goes and onto the next thing on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment