Thursday, August 18, 2011

47. See a movie in the theaters every year, 2011

Many thanks to my sweet friend, LD for going to see this with me tonight. I enjoyed the company. The movie? Not so much. It was really one of the worst book-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen.

Everyone knows to go into a based-on-a-book movie with small expectations. Because the movie is NEVER as good as the book (although The Secret Life of bees actually may be). And I did the same thing. I knew the movie wouldn't be as good. What I didn't know is that it was done right bad. The acting went from one scene of beautiful, believable acting to terrible, looks-like-a-play acting. The story line was so different. And the end was cheesy, silly, and tried too hard.

So if you've read the book and enjoyed it...save your money and don't see the movie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment