The actual 101st thing is to celebrate the completion with the girls. Who are these girls, one might ask? My 3 sisters and my step-mom. We all started our lists together. So celebrating together was 101 on all of our lists. However, things change. Life happens. You get married. Have babies. Move houses. Renovate houses. Some of them didn't finish their list or have changed their list and their start/end dates. So instead of celebrating with them, I've decided to (once again) change this up to celebrate with Matt. He has been the most important part of getting this list done. He's spent his hard earned money on some things on this list. He's spent his time doing things with me he'd rather not do. He's stayed home watching our girls while I got to go do really fun things. So it's only fitting that I celebrate the completion with him.
This is the last blog post on this blog. Bitter-sweet. It's amazing that I did it - I actually completed the list! With loads of help from many different people, which is one of the things I've loved about this adventure. It brought Matt and I closer. It made me a better mom because I could do some things outside of motherhood. I got to know friends better.
I learned so many things - here are but a few:
- I am more than a mom. There are many titles that define me - not just mom. I am first a daughter of the King. I am a wife. I am a fruit and veggie canning wannabe. I am a reader. I am also a mother, but not just. I knew it somewhat before, but now I really know it.
- I can start a business! I never would have thought I'd be interested in or able to start my own business.
- I hate cross word puzzles. I want to like them, but i just don't.
- I LOVE Wicked. I want to see it anytime it's in Charlotte. Which happens to be in 2013 when I will take my two bigs to see it so they can fall in love too.
- I'm addicted to CFA half sweet-half unsweet tea. And I'm okay with that.
- I like autobiographies! Never thought I did, but I actually do. I'm so thankful for all the ladies in book club who continue to widen my horizon with books.
- Bridge has changed my life. It's the best game ever. I will be one of those old ladies in the retirement center who plays bridge with her friends every day. Which reminds me of my Grandmother...Grammy. She went to be with her Lord and Savior in July 2012. Grammy, if heaven permits you to read blogs, this post is dedicated to you. Matt and I always wanted to play bridge with you and we look forward to the day in heaven when we can.
- I love dresses! I thought I hated them, but I actually love them. Oh, and boots. I love boots more than dresses. Put the two together and you have something better than coffee and scones, peanut butter and jelly, or chocolate and caramel.
- Bulk cooking has changed my life. Seriously - thanks to Chris V. for this gift.
- I adore flea markets. I hate Chipotle.
Well, there you have it. Thanks to anyone who ever read any post. I appreciate you coming on this journey with me. Special thanks to my sweet husband and children who have been along for the ride without getting to have all the fun.
Above is the very last picture of my blog of 101 things in 1001 days. Notice the paper and pen in front of the Prosecco? It's the beginning of Matt's list. And the legacy continues...