Thursday, August 19, 2010

6. Weekend away by mself, 72. Eat at Chiptole, 14. List of books in the bible I haven't read, then read, 99. Perfect pair of pjs


This is where I spend my weekend away...which actually was a Sunday - Tuesday. Same difference. Wow...haven't used that phrase since I was in middle school.

Anyway, my dad and step-mom live in Jamestown and this beautiful view is their backyard. I had a great time resting, reading, getting Guava Gulp from The Juice Shop, and watching junk on cable since I don't have it at home. And really, how can someone go 9 months without knowing they are pregnant?!?! And how in the world can people be so creative making cakes?!?!

I also spent the opportunity to go to Chipotle (my #72). Now, I think I may upset some people here. I didn't like it. I asked the mild everything...and it was spicy. I had a hard time telling if the spice was in the tomatoes, chicken, or beans. Yes, it tasted fresh and yada yada about the way the meat's raised. I get all that. But, it's all for naught for me since I can't do spice. So, I don't think I'll be back. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I also bought the bottoms to the perfect pair of pjs. Now if I could just find a great top. I'm checking this one off anyway. Just because I can.

Lastly, I've made a list of all the books of the bible I haven't read yet and have started reading them. I never knew, for example, that Nahum is prophesying against Ninevah, just like Jonah did. And that he had some really good questions about God's sovereignty. It's a great book. I have 4 more minor prophets to read, then on to tackle the major prophets. So, I can partially check this one off since I made the list.

Overall, this has been a very productive week for me!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I didn't like Chipotle the first time I had it either, but now I can't get enough of it. Most of the spice is in the corn salsa and on the chicken. I like a little spice now but I still have to have sour cream to cut it. Hope that helps!

    Your pajama bottoms look perfect for Fall and very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the weekend away!
    SAD you don't like chipotle (it's my fav fast food...ok, the only fast food i like.)

    If by chance Amos is one of the books you're reading, pastor H is in the middle of a sermon series on it- tough stuff, but really good! If you want to supplement your reading, they're online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you mean Nahum... and very sad you did not like Chipotle, I too love it.

    Glad it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Nahum. I'm reading Habakkuk...had him on the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JD - thanks...I read through Amos. It was not a book I'll likely read again anytime soon. :) But, it would be helpful to hear a sermon series on it.

    Susan - maybe I'll try the veggie burrito instead of chicken. Hum....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veggie or pork carnitas are the way to go for mild and yummy! The corn salsa is also spicy and be careful because they put jalapenos in the guacamole. Otherwise one of my favorite places! Try a veggie fajita bowl and get some chips to dip in the mix! Yum:)

    ReplyDelete