Friday, May 20, 2011

45. Host a blind taste test


A few years ago Matt and I had a couple over to taste test root beer. It was one of the most enjoyable evenings. So when making my list of 101 things, I knew I had to include another taste test evening.

So tonight we had two sweet couples over and gorged ourselves on brownies. Here were the contenders:

Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme
Homemade (recipe here)
Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate
Target Brand

The only consensus was that the homemade ones were not good. They weren't chocolatey and gooey enough and were pretty dense. But, I've had my sister's Oreo Brownies and they were the best thing I've ever tasted, so I'm pretty sure it was a bum recipe (at least that's what I'm telling myself since I was the one who made them).

Matt and I liked Ghirardelli best. It was gooey, chocolatey goodness. Others really liked the Duncan Hines mix. Personally, it was too milk chocolatey. Great texture though.One person liked the Target best. It was really gooey...maybe too much so.

Interestingly, when tasting them blindly, not many people correctly guessed the brand...except for the homemade. And while I enjoyed eating brownies, the best part was sharing it with friends. I'm glad this one was on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment