Friday, December 23, 2011

80. Get a new brown coat


I got a new brown coat. Well, technically the color is olive green. But it's in the same vein and goes with my brown clothes, so I'm checking this one off. The picture above is the coat...technically a sweater coat. I love it, even if the cute baby in the picture keeps trying to eat the buttons. I love the color. I love the length (slightly below the knee). I love the warmth. But what I love the best is this:

I was in a store the other day and an older man walked up to me and commented on the coat. He said it reminded him of his old Army coat. I got a warm fuzzy feeling all over. My grandfather was an officer in the Army. My dad went to West Point. Little known fact about me: my family has the longest direct line of generations that have gone to West Point. Seven. Crazy cool. My great-great-great-great grandfather went to West Point. Someone in my family has played a role in every conflict since the American Civil War.

So when someone says anything about the Army or West Point, I listen. And so now I love my coat even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment