Monday, November 28, 2011

26. Go horseback riding

I love horses. Those who know me well enough to actually read this blog probably know that I want to own a farm...just so I can have my own horse.

I've always wanted to take riding lessons growing up. So it's a good thing that Morgan, my 7-year-old, takes lessons every Saturday so I can vicariously live through her. We all go to Latta Plantation and we have a great time feeding the horses and watch her ride.

It's been over 8 years since I last rode. So, I put this on my list to make it a priority to do it again. My dear hubs took me on a trail ride this past Saturday (thank you mom for watching the girls).

I loved it. I saw a hawk glide through the trees right in front of me (and a buzzard later on, which is a remarkably large and surprisingly beautiful bird). I learned that the woods around Latta Plantation have bears. And I had a great date with Matt. So sweets - thank you for helping to check this one off.

No comments:

Post a Comment