Saturday, January 2, 2010

38. in progress


I just got back from the used bookstore. And I realized a few things.

1. I LOVE used bookstores. I already knew this though. Here's the realization: I would rather spend 2 hours alone in a used bookstore than any other place - even Starbucks. There's just something about a used bookstore.

2. Most people treat the bookstore like the library...quiet. However, there are a few people who come in laughing and talking so loud as if they were in the Gap, Abercrombie and Fitch, or some other teeny bopper store. Come on, people. It's a bookstore. Have some (quiet) respect.

3. I LOVE biographies and autobiographies. I always thought I hated this genre since it's filled with dry writing about boring people in politics. So not true! I love them so much, that I couldn't choose just 2. So, I picked out 4 to read. And the nominees in no particular order are:

A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas
Travels with Lizbeth by Lars Eighner
Christabel by Christabel Bielenberg
Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

Stay tuned to see which one I read 1st...

3 comments:

  1. There is a wine that my mom brought over recently called Running with Scissors. Could be fun to try while reading that book :) Kim Huffman

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo...I'll have to look for it next time I'm grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on loving used bookstores! That's usually my pick if James gives me the afternoon off (which is about 3 times a year, by the way just in case you think I have a charmed life:)) There's a great one in Monroe that sells coffee.

    ReplyDelete