Monday, January 11, 2010

38. read 2 autobiographys of people I've never heard of: half way done

I finished Travels with Lizbeth by Lars Eighner last night. Very good book. It's about a writer who ends up having to live on the streets for 3 years. He writes about his struggle to find work, safe and warm places to sleep, and his next meal. He has along with him his dog, Lizbeth. Lars is gay, which causes for some lewdness at times; he writes about some of his sexual encounters as a homeless man. If you don't mind that, I would recommend this book. It's well written and brings up issues that would be perfect to discuss in a book club.

Proof that reading expands your ideas and vocabulary: Lars Eightner had a quote in his book about it being a "two dog night". I got the reference only because I had already picked out A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas. Which will be my second autobiography for 38.

No comments:

Post a Comment