Thursday, March 18, 2010

22. Walk to the library



Well, I did have a picture of me and my girls taking a walk to our beautiful brand new neighborhood library. But, the camera dropped and it no longer works; thus, I can't get the cute picture. So, a standard internet pic it is.

I decided to take a walk to the library today. Good thing too - Hickory Grove is one of the branches the county is closing due to cut backs. You may begin to notice some sarcasm now. I love the way the government manages our money. Spent a ton of it building a brand new beautiful facility at Hickory Grove. And now they are closing it. Brilliant. I really enjoy seeing my money being thrown in the trash. And my community. I had such high hopes of this helping out the East side. Dashed. And to add insult to injury, the county isn't leaving any branches open on the eastside of the city. I understand that something had to give. I get that if you don't have money, you can't do things. I DON'T get why they are spending $400K on a side walk on Park road, give Henry Jones a bonus, etc. and close so many libraries. Half of them to be exact.

Excuse me now as I go write/call/email/stalk my county commissioners to tell them that their decision is deplorable.

UPDATE

So, I fixed my camera. Here are the pictures I took on the way to the library:



 

1 comment:

  1. STINK! I hate this for you. I hate this for Charlotte. So so sorry.

    ReplyDelete