Saturday, March 27, 2010

95. Go to Ikea by myself and not feel rushed

 

 Thanks to my wonderful husband, Matt Tringali, I was able to drink my coffee and eat a cinnamon bun in peace, reading my book club book as I ate, and then peruse Ikea. No clingy baby to hold. No preschooler to watch. No 5-year-old asking to buy anything. I had as long as I wanted to look at the plethora of things at Ikea. I have been there 2-3 times before, but always with children and the need to get in and out. This morning I saw many harried mom's disciplining their children. I heard many more babies crying in their strollers. I saw more than one toddler run off with an angry and embarrassed mother chasing behind. And I was thankful that it wasn't me. But I did have sympathy for these moms...because next time, it could be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment