Tuesday, June 28, 2011

23. Go deep sea fishing


Well, I just got back from our NC Mountain vacation. And while there wasn't any deep sea fishing going on, there was trout fishing. When I first made this list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, I wasn't pregnant. I didn't think I'd be pregnant. At least not until the end of the 1001 days.

While I'm trying to do all the things on my list, I am also giving myself the freedom to alter the item. I still want to go deep sea fishing (just not with a nursing baby). So I'm not going to check this one off...just blog about it and give myself the freedom to use trout fishing in lue of deep sea if I never get to go. I'm hopeful that next summer we can go (when I no longer have a nursing baby). But, we'll see.

In any case, we went trout fishing on our vacation. For those who really fish, you will be ashamed at what I'm about to call fishing. It was a stocked pond. They handed out the equipment, none of which contained lures. My girls stuck the rod in and about 60 seconds later, a fish was on the line.

It was fake fishing really. But you can't really take 4 young children real fishing. Fake fishing or not, it was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment