Tuesday, June 28, 2011

94. Support a small local business


For the past 3 years or so I've bought that spreadable butter, Smart Balance. I like that it's spreadable. However, in the effort to Simplify My Life, I have decided to go back to the basics with just plain real butter. I'll leave it out on the table so it's spreadable.  But, I wanted a butter dish.

I could have gone to Target and bought one for a few bucks. But I went mountain local and got a hand crafted one...let's just say it was more than a couple of bucks. Did a cheaper one make more sense? Yes. But would it have had as much character? Probably not.

I enjoyed buying this because I supported a North Carolina artist. But as much as I enjoyed doing that, I do have to go back to supporting the big box stores. Because 1. I'm not rich and 2. Those big box stores hire lots of local people.

No comments:

Post a Comment